I agree with crenwelge. i'd LIKE to squeeze a few more M.P.H.,out of my '55 T.F. 6500. It's equipped with the 261,and it does run "happily",at 55 M.P.H. rear tires are 9:00 X 20;00's,B.T.W. My major concern is the PRICE,and LABOR involved,in not only the rear-end/aux. trans. swap,but then the brake up-grade,to make "Her" stop safely,at a higher speed.I'm thinking,that IF I do go that route,I'll probably find and old Chev/G.M.C. bus,('67-'72 ),with either a GOOD 350,or 2nd choice would be a 366. It would have to be equipped with a Clark 5-speed O.D./electric 2-speed rear. I KNOW these will run between 62-70 M.P.H.,un-governed,and loaded "to-the gills". Used to drive one in our band from state-to-state,back in the '80's.


Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.