Radials are not like bias. With age, the radial wires let loose from the bead and they blow out and the wires can do serious damage to the vehicle. A 10 year old radial has outlived its useful life. If you can find a tire shop that sells used truck tires to people on a low budget, they might possibly take them off your hands and sell them to people who are too dumb to read the date code. Otherwise, be prepared to pay a disposal fee.
You're preaching to the choir. I've welded enough clearance lights, fender brackets and tailight panels back together to know its not a good idea to run old tires.

I have been giving the tires to a couple of local bottom dumpers to run on their trucks. They rarely leave town, are never on the freeway and dont go over 40 mph. They know the tires are old, I tell them they are old and they are fine with it. This will limp them along until California outlaws their old trucks in a year or two.