| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,618 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#92451 07/26/2005 12:31 AM | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 196 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 196 | I just pulled my tail light out to find out why it wasn't working. At least one culprit is that the bulb had corroded in the housing. This is the type w/bayonet connection of the wires to the housing. The backend seems OK, I just need to clean the housing and replace with a 'clean' bulb. Any suggestions on how to get rid of corrosion, AND to keep it from coming back? I had considered sanding the inside of the housing with a dowel & sandpaper but didn't know if this would remove any plating material that would make it worse in the long run. Thanks in advance for any comments or helpful suggestions.
Rance
66 C10 FS/LB 292/4-spd manual (I also enjoy Hang Gliding) I'm too sexy for my hair, that's why it isn't there
| | |
| |
| |