I purchased this truck from I believe the third owner in Bend, Oregon in February of 2013. I drug home as my retirement project, a 1953 3104. It was about a 700 mile round trip to Bend to get it.

The truck was built in Oakland Cali and spent about 55 years in Ashland, Oregon on a farm until it went to Bend. Now it is up in Washington for a complete overhaul.

Some interesting features:

It has all the original date coded tinted glass with exception of the windshield.

The truck came with the Coppertone color and the front bumper was gray in color. It was repainted some time ago once to a lighter yellow.

Another option is the side mounted spare tire.

The original 216 gave up the ghost a couple years ago with approx. 39K on the odometer. When I tore into the 216, I noticed it had a stock bore. A replacement 235 from a 56 sedan was installed.

The truck still retains its 3sp on the tree transmission and torque tube rear end.

I have a lot of work to do but am really enjoying the work and the threads on the Stovebolt forum. This place is a wealth of knowledge and have already been very valuable so far.

Look forward to posting some updates in the future.

Steve

Last edited by Peggy M; 01/13/2024 10:51 PM.

1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done
In the DITY Gallery
Video of the 261 running

1964 GMC 1000
305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration