| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (TUTS 59, WICruiser, 1955 1 Series, Gray_Ghost, Phak1, 3B, Otto Skorzeny),
123
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,552 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 85 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 85 | I just had quite the experience replacing my rear brake shoes on my 50 chevy, they are the originals with the huck. I've done many brake jobs but this was quite the learning experience. I would love to know if there's a special method of adjusting the brake shoes evenly. Do you just eye ball it by moving the ajuster screws a bit at a time? While inserting the brake drum on and off? One e cable was seize and I replaced it only to find the coil return spring was 2 inches longer. I cut the spring to its proper lenght but now can anyone tell me how to properly adjust the parking brake.. All my clevis move freely I just need the know how. | | |
| |
| |