I have a 1952 Chevrolet 3800 truck with the 216 engine. While going thru and fixing broken, warn and missing items I noticed that one of the studs that fastens the exhaust pipe to the exhaust manifold was broken off at some time in the past and was only held on by the remaining single stud. I removed the nut from the good stud, dropped the exhaust and notice the other stud broken off flush with the manifold. It appears that an attempt was made to drill the stud to replace it. The hole looks like it was drilled out at an angle with some of the old stud still in the manifold. I am thinking of replacing the exhaust manifold. The manifold is in good shape, heat riser works freely etc. I noticed there seems to be more 235 manifolds than the 216's available. Are the 216 and 235 intake and exhaust manifolds interchangeable? And if they are, would the intake manifold need to be replace also?
Thanks, Jim