Well as some might remember, I had a problem a while back about not being sure if my truck is a 6V or 12V. I have 12v lights, coil, and generator. I bought a 6V battery and it would start fine and run pretty good. The last few weeks it would start, run a little and then stall. Eventually it would only start. Then the last 2 weeks it hasn't even started (I'm not saying its an electrical problem..I think its a fuel problem). Anyways, today I decided to put a 12V battery on it because it has all those 12V components. To my suprise (and delight) it started 2nd try. Stalled, and then started again. When I checked under the hood again the coil was really hot (the coil says 12volt right on it). I don't think the coild should be hot right? What could a hot coil mean? Could I be causing big problems by putting a 12V battery on it? (I disconnected it afterwards). Why would my engine start with 12V but not 6? Thanks alot!