The M4F will lower your torque some, but not much. It will open up the top end. I built my 235 stock except for the cam and carb. Carb is still a Rochester one bbl, but opened up. I have had the engine turning around 4,400 rpm at 85 mph. Just don't do it too often or hold it there. Also, the cam is not recommended without exhaust and intake change, headers and more carb. If you do go this route, I would also recommend balancing the crank & pistons.

This is a very streetable cam, idle on mine is 500 rpm. Highly recommended, we used them in high school. Most everyone with a 235 had a 3/4 race cam (M4F now). In a 235 the full race cam will give you a lumpy idle at around 700 rpm. Looses a lot of torque, but helps a lot at the strip.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10