I Don't know if you guys have been keeping up with my progress or not. But thats what I doing, COMPLETELY going through the brakes, every single line, hose and wheel cyls. new. Was unable to find a new master cyl. so have installed a new kit in it. Started at the left front and am ready to tackle the Hydro and rear brakes. Everything will be new or rebuilt. I was trying to keep it original, of course the disk on the tranny wouldn,t be original.
But I had rather have rear brakes than no brakes at all.
I didn't mean to sound stupid, but as a kid in the early 50's I have seen my uncle slide the rears on gravel roads with the hand brake. His was a 2 ton F@@rd.


57 GMC LCF 370
55 John Deere 40-W
59 John Deere 430-W
2000 GMC 4x4
56 John Deere 420-W
Pix on Photobucket