I have a '62 converted to 383 FI v8. This FI engine is smog compliant and normally runs a little hot. Used the original front engine mount. You do not need electric fans.
First, you need a good radiator. I put a Griffin aluminum in mine (expensive), but as long as you have a large capacity radiator, then OK. You also have to add an overflow tank, which I got from an 85 Eldorado. You do not have to move the engine, but I put a 3" extension on the fan (local speed shop has that) to move the fan closer to the radiator (use a light plastic 18" FAN with this 3" extension), and then got a steel fan shroud from a '63-'64 Impala. That shroud is 7" from up against the radiator and just covers the fan. Not too much modification is needed. Even on 100 deg. days, idling for as long as you want, I never go above 195 deg. I normally run 180 deg. E-mail me for more details.