For starters, the 261 engine was an available as an upgrade in the 1962 model. I have located the captains bars and it came stock with the remote oil filter. I'm not gonna try to restore the the 62. 1st, it's in pretty fair shape including the transmission and transfer case,front axle, and locking hubs. The rear axle is missing the differential housing. Hence the reason it was parked. I have a small shop and can only concentrate on on vehicle at a time. So, I will either part out, or sell it in its entirety, (sans the engine). Bill of sale only. The 62 has many problems the worst being trying to register it. It was abandoned 8 or 10 years in a field at a friends house. He (the original owner) has disappeared. I don't want the headache. Besides, the art deco years are my real love. So, I've gonna stick with my original plan to part the truck out and get it out of my shop. I appreciate your input. If anyone is interested and live near the central coast of California, shoot me an e-mail.
[email protected] Also, I have posted a few pics of the truck on photobucket. Thanx