| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
12 members (TUTS 59, TexasJim50, Jay R, TooMany2count, amtrakjoe, Hotrod Lincoln, cmayna, Woogeroo, Rusty Heaps, Otto Skorzeny, 2 invisible),
93
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,411 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 502 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 502 | I guess I should go to Canada and look for some wheels. I obtained 8 good looking 3 piece wheels with the hope of replacing my widow makers which came on my 2ton. Off to the tire shop I went with 4 of the best looking ones. Actually none of these had any rust on the outside to speak of.
The result at the tire shop was a big disappoint because the air powered bead breaker could only break one tire off the rim. After removing the tire it was apparent why. Even though the outside was rust free the inside was not, probably due to condensation and the inability to dry out on the inside.
Now I tried this at another tire shop, one which deals with mostly truck tires and had the same result. I guess the moral of this story is...don't get your hopes up until you see the inside of the wheel, providing you can get the tire off.
Dan
Remember your freedom - US Veterans provided it. 101st Screaming Eagles
| | |
| |
| |