I'm not sure about the "Jimmy's",but aren't the 6-hole,6-bolt "Budd's" on the rare side for a '53? Maybe not for the 3-31/2-tons,but I haven't seen one up-close and personal,since my best-friend's brother had a '53 G.M.C.450 road tractor,also old Army issue.I can't remember if the "Budds were 5-lug'or 6-lug'though. But believe it or not,they were chromed! My guess would be NOT military-issue. Truck also had that "double" hydra-matic,but he didn't have it long enough for me to get a good look at it. I heard it's sitting in a junkyard somewhere here in Eastern Iowa,and I've been looking for it for years,and if and when I find it,I'll post some pic's. Nice find,Red63!

Last edited by wetwilly5757; 12/04/2012 8:51 PM.

Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.