| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,448 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 50 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 50 | I have a 1948 3/4 ton chevy with a 250 chevy engine stock 4spd tranny and stock 4.56 rear end with p215 16 inch new balanced radial tires on modular (trailer) steel rims. The truck does pretty well at 45 to 48 mph, and ok at 55, the problem in that when i get on a section of asphalt that is a little uneven the truck tends to drift and follow the contour of the road. the truck does not pull to either side and my mechanic says the steering box is tight. I can't put wider tires on it because of the tight clearance with the tie rods. I guess I just need to keep it in the 45mph range. any ideas? Thanks for all the help in the past charles
| | |
| |
| |