| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,269 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#89590 11/22/2003 1:31 AM | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 33 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 33 | I am rebuilding my 49 3600. In the process of restoring the gauges I've noticed that the left coil on the gas guage looks discolored. I read recently in another thread that if you have a 12 volt conversion that you need to reduce the voltage to the gas guage back to 6. My truck was converted to 12. Is it possible that my gas guage has been fried. Any suggestions on how to test it? Also, can it be repaired if it is fried? I included a link to a picture of the gauge (I hope). Thanks, Dierks321 http://community.webshots.com/photo/98349442/101145884CKTBrs | | |
| |
| |