I am trying to find out why NOT use the converson kit. It SEEMS so easy. When you factor $1800 to $2000 + shipping for a Heidts IFS. It just seems a $1000 kit plus a $150 to $250 s10 frame with all the brake lines and gas line already run, gives me alot of time and $ to spend on other things.
I just paid $150 for a 2wd s10 power steering frame (117"wb) with a 4wd rear thrown in.
What I would like to know is, what UNEXPECTED problems I can plan for. Of course body and frame arn't expected to be perfect so I don't think its all going to fall together but mounting the body to the frame should be close. Motor and trans should fall in. Power steering hooks right up to the pump maybe with longer hoses. Steering seems to be pretty cut and dry along with accelerator. Please someone tell me what serious problems I am going to have..
I thank you n advance...
What is your truck? If it's the 49 Burb you mentioned in one of your other posts, you're better off to keep the stock frame. If it's a pickup, that's a different story.
The S-10 frame has the big kick-up in the rear and you'll lose a lot of your floor due to the kick-up. On a pickup it's less critical, but I don't recommend it on a burb.
There's lot of threads here about S-10 swaps, your best bet is to do some searching. They're fairly easy if you're good with fab, but there will always be issues you have to work through, and it really depends on what year cab you're working with.