I have the positive battery terminal connected to the battery. I have the negative battery cable disconnected. I run my voltmeter from the negative battery cable to the negative battery post. This is where I see there is a 12v drain from the battery. The alternator is a 2 wire, a exciter wire and the power post wire. So there should be continutiy from the alts power post to it's casing? When I disconnect the power wire from the alt I get no reading. Only when i have the power wire connected to the alt do I get a 12v reading. As far as i can tyell the alt is draining the battery. But I have exchanged the alt 2xs and had the second alt tested before I left the store and it tested working. The PO has the battery mounted inside the cab behind the seats. he also has the battery cable zip tied to the fuel line. I checked the battery cable to make sure it was not grounding to the line but found nothing wrong. I'm also going to change the cable being zip tied to the fuel line, don't like that set up. Also is there suppose to be continuity between the positive and negative battery cables? And is there suppose to be continuity between the alt power post and it's case? thanks for any help
Last edited by tracern1; 11/04/2012 6:13 PM.