| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (kades51, 2-Ton),
109
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,475 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 1970 Posts: 365 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 1970 Posts: 365 | This afternoon I removed the bed from my 51 so I can get started rebuilding it. The PO had a bunch of trash in the bed, which just collected and retained moisture. This rotted out the floor and the lower areas of the box front and sides. Several years ago the left rear fender was caved in by a hit-and-run driver. Before removing the fender I used the porta-power to push out a lot of the damage.
I use this pickup as a daily driver and it sits outside all the time. I am considering replacing the wood floor with steel treadplate and then having the tread plate covered with Rhino-liner (or other similar product).
Has anyone else handled the floor situation like I intend to? What would you do if you were in my situation? [IMG | | |
| |
| |