I've never found any other major manufacturer of real lino than Forbo [although they only claim to have 65% of the market], a Swiss conglomerate, that bought out the "descendant" of the originator of plant based lino - [Wiki: "The largest present day manufacturer of linoleum is Kirkcaldy-based Forbo Nairn, which sells the material under the trademarked name of Marmoleum. The company, which is part of the Switzerland-based Forbo Group, is the oldest manufacturer of linoleum in the world."], and they have plants all over the world, the German Forbo Siegling Group makes conveyor belting .... my local flooring store can get Forbo's products readily, I'd suspect there's a plant in N America

when I first built my mill 30 years ago I used battleship lino locally sourced, it lasted pretty well but didn't like very heavy objects dropped on it grin when I checked the price to replace it after about 15-20 years I decided to switch to fiberglas

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics