Hey gang. I'm casually working my way towards a COE rebuild- no body yet. I have many questions of ignorance on this process!!

So I'll number my questions if you can answer them as needed.
1) S10 Chassis: I see lots of posts with rebuilds using and S10. Why? Is it the narrow frame?

2) Related: Why not a larger frame?

In my mind, I have about 10 ideas for what I want to do with a COE- I suppose based on the body I end up getting. I KNOW I want to lower the body and have a "modern" drive train.

So, my thoughts are to find the right body, do enough body work to get it paintable, then look for the "right" chassis (and finalize my project goal) (camper, motorcycle hauler, tow vehicle, who the heck knows?).

I see great ideas on a FWD motorhome chassis, moving the engine behind the body, and so on.

I've searched posts and in some searches I'm getting so many returns that I don't know where to start.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Grant_Holmes; 10/02/2012 9:39 AM.

Grant Holmes
"Casually" looking for a decent COE cab (chassis not needed).