I got the flahser wired up and now I have hazard lights! woo hoo!

I used the 552 flasher as 64Fleetside suggested.

I also put a inline 20 amp fuse in place, just in case. I'm guessin' that is enough... not sure if it is too much tho'.

How I wired it:

I have a wire to the 12v ignition off source, to a 20 amp inline fuse, to 1 prong of the two prong the flasher unit, then a wire on the other prong to the brown wire, which leads to the switch. Then I zip tied the flasher unit up out of the way. smile

The it took about 5 mins after I had found the correct wire on another day... I put an extension wire to it, took a wire that I have with alligator clips on each end, clipped one end to a 12v source and the other end to one of the prongs, then slipped on the new wire on the other prong - pulled the switch and it worked.

The most time took for this project was finding the right 12v ignition off source, then wiring everything up right.

The reason I put a fuse inline, was I was burnin' out a fuse on another source I was trying to use... so, just to be safe I added one in the new place. smile


The thread on chevytalk - where I found out about the hazards and things:

http://www.chevytalk.org/threads/sh...ge=0&vc=1&PHPSESSID=#Post1189699

this tip was in the thread as well, didn't see it until after I had wired it up, but it's a good idea:

GO IN TO YOUR LOCAL PARTS STORE AND PICK UP A HEAD LIGHT PLUG AND A FLASHER . THE FLASHER WILL PLUG RIGHT INTO IT


-----

Anyway, if anyone is searching in the future and they find this thread, they can check it out.

Thanks to everyone!

-W

edited for type-o's and to add additional content and clarification.