| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,616 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 50 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 50 | I have a 1948 3/4 ton truck. I have transmission fluid leaking slowly (about a jigger full at 2 spots over a week). One is just behind the ball joint just behind the tranny. I have read the shop manual and gotten the seals for this area and I think i can fix that one. but the other area is on the rear end of the front shaft right at the support bracket. the 3/4 tons have a 2 segment set up. the shop manual mentions a grease seal for the forward end of the forward segment of the enclosed propellar shaft that would likely keep transmission fluid from running down the shaft to the support bracket. Does anyone know where I could get that grease seal. Has anyone used blue gasket maker to seal this if I can't find the seal. could it also be the bushing at that point thanks for all the help. charles | | |
| |
| |