when it comes to gmc old stovebolts you seem to know your stuff ... need help... I blew my gmc 248 1941 from a failed valve keeper. intake valve dropped and you know the story from there,,,.. got all the new parts and machine work done and , I was going to put it together this weekend. and needed to know once and for all the valve lash.. so looking at my camshaft # 2136000 on line found in a army book its .012 & .016 .. and was reading where the oil shield had to be .040 or it might hit the valve spring retainer and drop a valve... so I looked under my No,1 cyl intake valve oil shield and yup,,, I can see where its been rubbing,,, .. it makes sense that if the oil shield hitting the valve spring retainer . the older octagon type . its taking pressure off the valve and making the keeper lose.... the army manual talks about putting new keepers and the thinker round valve spring cap/ retainer. on the intake valves,,, I have a few manual pages and pics that explains this and shows in the diagram really well... I can email you them if you don't know what I mean... I can get these round type... all 12 of mine have those octagon type.. I think just the intakes would need to be switch.. but if there thicker than all 12 would be better... thank you .. Katrina
[email protected]