I have a 1949 2ton 2speed rear utility truck I'm re-building.
I live in Ramona, ca. where we've had several huge fires here. I found a man who had a truck similar to mine that perished in the fire of 2009. He salvaged the motor (1962 chevy II 235)which he says has less than 1,000 miles on it. So I replaced all gaskets and even ran detergent oil and motor cleaner thru her. Valve adjustment was hugely suspect. So I took apart every tappet and cleaned them thoroughly. They were frozen. And some dark oil came out of them. Primed em and replaced and adj. valves accordingly. She ran real good and then started to hear arattlin' @ flat pedal. Not at idle, or on hard pedal. I've driven it a little tryin to work out the kinks but it is gettin worse. Also oil pressure starts off good 35-38lbs. When it gets warm tho, low pressure. 10-20lbs. Is this Rod noise?
Am sorry for long post. But I am a one legged man in an [censored] kicking contest!!