I have a pretty clean all original 3600 that I would like to update, but also keep it as stock as possible. The ultimately goal is to make this a driver. Both in town and out of town. Comfortable on highway at 65 mph and safe.

I have some questions.

I would like to change from the stock 8 lug to a 5 lug mainly for wheel availability. I also need to ditch the 4.56 stock gears. Can I bolt a 1/2 ton front axle and rear end under this truck? t the same time I want to lower the truck, more than likely using a Sids drop axle.

Who makes the best (also affordable) kit for upgrading to power steering?

Who makes the best (also affordable) brake upgrade?

Thanks guys, I am pretty green to this stuff and appreciate any help you can provide!!

See pictures below:

1949 3600 pictures


Click the link to see my truck.

http://smu.gs/OuBwfv