I used Rustoleum Royal blue. I thinned it with mineral spirits 50/50. I used a small firm foam roller. I wet sanded between coats with 400 grit on the 1st coat, 600 on the 2nd coat, 1000 on the 3rd coat, 2000 on the 4th coat. You are looking at the 5th coat without any sanding, buffing, or polishing. It took me about 2 weeks to do this.
This photo was after the 4th coat
paint booth


I don't plan to do anything to this paint as I want it to dull and age.

I am going to stain the bed black when the pressure treated wood dries out. I will distress it some after staining to give it an aged look.

Red58, I have made contact with the original selling dealer's nephew. He has a pair of NOS mudflaps with the dealers name on them. I've been trying to get him to ship them to me since last November.

Last edited by Wayne67vert; 09/08/2012 9:07 PM.

Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!