| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (PAUL Berardi, Phak1, DaveV, Cheapskate1229, Otto Skorzeny, carbking, Peggy M, Wayne67vert),
138
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,111 Posts1,056,244 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1,901 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1,901 | Truck, the BlueBird guys made like it was consecutive days but I have a hard time seeing wet sanding the next day. Not with out 98 dollars worth of sand paper... I just refinished a 50's era cargo cart for a friend showing him the reverse electrolysis process and after epoxy primer sprayed a couple wet coats of rusto holly green with hardener and it sat for several days in the sun and was just ok. I'd of hated to try and sand it. Barry at SPI cautioned me about trying to shoot a second coat. It will lift the first and poof as he recalled the tech from his youth. He said if ya get a run just spread paper out on the ground and keep spraying every few minutes until it melts and flows/washes away cause once you finish thats it.
They did reduce the pi$$ out of theirs though so maybe that helped it 'cure' but it also seems to have caused it's own share of troubles. I read they baked it @ 160F as well so it must be nice to have a free oven to use. It would cost me 98 dollars just to bake a rig once around here let alone 6 or 7 coats worth. I think I'd rather roll it thick (if I was rolling) and not have all the bubbles, I think it would flow out fine at about 15% as opposed to their 40-50.
Give me ambiguity or give me something else
| | |
| |
| |