A buddy picked up a pretty solid 1957 chevy 6400 and month ago or so that needed some brake work done to it. I'm helpimg him get it all straightened out and we found that there was a leaking wheel cylinder on the right rear wheel, the brake hard line connecting the two wheel cylinders was cracked, and the seal on the master cylinder for the push rod was shot. I replaced all of those parts which brings us to where we are now. Little fyi this thing had no brakes at all because of the bad m/c so I don't know how it acted before it lost all of its fluid.

Replaced all of the parts listed above and went to bleed the brakes. Started at the right rear wheel bleeder, left rear, right front, then left front and once we start to get a decent pedal from pumping and bleeding you let off of the pedal and brake fluid burps and shoots out the fill port on the m/c. So for example say it has good pedal and brake feel right around the middle of brake pedal travel, you let off of the pedal and the fluid "burpes" into and out of the m/c and now we have no pedal at all(goes right to floor). Pump it up again and it does the same thing.

I've tried bleeding it at the 2 bleeders on the hydrovac and that didn't change the outcome. I took the drain bolt out of the front of the hydrovac after reading something about a seal going out inside and letting the canister fill up with b/f but it was dry inside.We tried another m/c thinking that the rebuilt one we got may be garbage but no luck with that either.

Any idea's?

Last edited by rennat_2006; 08/26/2012 10:36 PM.