'59 Apache 3600. 235ci w/4spd. Rebuilt engine, bored out, stock grind cam, orig intake w/Fenton headers and glass packs. Rochester carb (rebuilt)
Runs fine when cold until it warms up then starts to idle a bit rough but still not too bad. After about a 20 minute run at hwy speeds when coming to a stop the engine stumbles real bad and will usually die unless I keep it throttled up. After stumbling around a while if I keep feathering the gas around at low speeds it will get better again.
Just finished resto last fall w/ new plugs, points, cap, rotor, coil, vac advance on dist, fuel pump, and rebuilt Rochester carb.
Since then I've replaced all of those parts again with no improvement. Actually seems to be getting worse.
I do have the hot air kit on the bottom of the intake. I did have a vacuum leak at the intake but that is fixed now. Checked and rechecked timing and carb adjustments. Truck runs great above idle!
I'm out of ideas...