| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,475 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 687 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 687 | I have a small leak that looks like it's coming from the pinion seal flange area. I have a 1950 3600. I do not have it apart yet.
A few questions please. I assume I can remove the drive shaft yoke, then the bolts that hold the flange in place.
Is the seal in fhe flange? Is there a 'crush' washer and/or pre-load? NAPA lists a rubber seal for $23 (part number 25970) I believe it's a SKF seal. Any experience with it?
Thank you. | | |
| |
| |