I went the route of the S-10 swap initially. I looked into kits, I researched doing it myself based on swaps from the HAMB,etc. the S-10 track width is 4" narrower, requiring you to run spacers in the front. the worse place to put weight is unsprung.

you also have to run the 4x4 rear axle (a bit over 3" wider than the 2WD) to get the rear tires to fit.

Then I looked into pinto based suspensions. (remember, the mustang II is a pinto with different sheet metal outer body) that didnt fly either.

in my S-10 frame swap project, I got to the point where I was having problems with steering and cooling system both trying to occupy the same space at the same time.

then I developed my own IFS.

a while back I put together a definitive list of upgrades:

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...;Main=80741&Number=571697#Post571697

a few interesting things. a Dakota track width is closer to the AD than the S-10 is.


The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me