Hello Im kinda knew to these trucks. Ive got two chevy truck projects. Ones a 1951 chevy 3 window my step dad had started before he past away acouple years ago. Its almost finished it will have a 350 sbc. Already has ifs done and almost all the body work done just needs reassembled and passenger side cowl vent piece welded in. Im building this one for my mom so trying to decide what seats to use old style bench seats or newer bucket bench?
The second one I just picked up this week and is more of a project. Its a 51 5 window. It has a inline 6 and from what Ive gathered from running the numbers its out of a 1956 truck I think. The bed is off of a 60s step side. The cab itself is in ok condition. What Im goin want to do is update the drivetrain to a 327 sbc or a 350 sbc with a 400 turbo hydromatic. Not totally sure on what rearend it has I dont think its original because if Im not mistaken these years used a attached driveshaft and this one has u joints attached to the rearend.
So here are my questions what do I need to do and get to swap the inline 6 for the V8? How do I tell if its been swapped from 6 volt system to 12 volt? and how do I get the seats out? Im not finding the bolts to get the seat out lol.