Hello,
I bought a Guide 6002 with 7 wires and I am using a 3 terminal flasher.
My question has to do with the Stove Bolt Tech Tip for wiring turn signals (link below). The tech tip is for a truck using the brake lights as turn signals. On my 46 Truck I have separate wires running to the left and right brake lights wired to their own bulb (the brake lights have 2 separate bulbs). I have a separate wire to both the left and right front parking lights. The left brake and parking lights wires are on their own terminal on a terminal board and so are the right brake and parking light wires.
The Tech Tip shows:
-
White - brake light switch?
-Pink - left brake light
-Black - right brake light
-Yellow - flasher
-Light blue - left front signal light
-Dark blue - right front signal light
I am assuming the yellow wire in the example above goes to the L Terminal on the flasher and although not included I am assuming their should be a 7th wire that goes to the Flasher P Terminal and provides the signal on/off indicator light on the turn signal itself.
My first questions is, in the example above can I combine the two left wires (pink & light blue) and connect them to my left wires on my terminal board and combine the two right wires (black & dark blue) to my right wires on my terminal board?
Second question is, what do I do with the White brack light switch wire? I am assuming I don't need it because I have seperate wires and bulbs and not using the brake lights, am I right? Can I just terminate the White wire with some black electrical tape?
Guide 6002 Guide 6002 with Wires Labeled Stove Bolt Tech Tips - How do I wire my turn signals?