I have only had one of these, but I have had it a long time, and all I know is every time I took the valve cover off for the last 28 years, there was rust inside. True it is a 1953 216 maybe there is some incredible difference between the two that isn't readily discernible. Even the new engine with a non slotted aluminum valve cover has a lot of condesation when I take it off, and it gets lots of oil up there. With the old engine it took about an hour of freeway driving to evaporate all the milky colored oil out from around the breather cap.(well in the winter time at least) I have always attributed it to my sealing up the vents, which I did in 1985 in a attempt to reduce dust infiltration. But now I am confused.

Last edited by brokenhead; 07/07/2012 2:59 PM.