Can't get a tach to read right! First I tried an old Sears tach (looks like what Equus is selling now), this one had a 4-6-8 switch. No joy. Worked great on the 350 it was on before, and would jump from 1,000rpm on the six setting to 750rpm on the eight setting, like it should, but reads about 450 @ 600, 1,500 at around 2,000.

Got an Autometer Autogage tach a couple days ago, same thing. Works fine, just not on the six. This one doesn't even have a switch, you cut wires.

What the $#@&? Both tachs worked fine on a 350 with points. (The 230 has the stock point setup, too.) My Sears "Engine Analyzer" reads fine, as does my other dwell meter/tach. I even held the tach terminals to the battery itself for kicks, no change. The engine runs great. What is going on?!?

Signed,
Bewildered


Some of my crap:
1963 C-30 flatbed dually 292/SM420
1965 C-10 LWB fleet 250/column shift 3 speed
1965 C-30 9' stepside 250/SM420/4.10 gears (my DD)

Website I made for my crap:
http://www.66submarine.com