Ok, here is the deal. There is a small town in Eastern Oregon (Pop. around 25 people) and they own a 1948 Chevy fire truck that has been sitting out in a field for at least 30 years. The town MAY be willing to sell me the truck. I'm not into fire trucks per say, but this truck deserves to be saved.

The skinny. It's a 1.5 ton. I cannot find any rust on this truck, (except the water tank of which I have access to a replacement). It has a little over 16,000 miles. I don't know if the engine is seized or not. The truck is complete but of course needs restored. Oh, and when I say no rust, I mean not even surface rust. The body is straight, no dents. Floor pans great, etc...

The catch.......They might be willing to sell me the truck providing I restore it and only sell it back to them if I decide to ever sell it.......Oh, and the town councel has to approve the sale and I don't know the price yet.....

Like I said, I'm not really into fire trucks but I hate to see this truck just sit there and rot. I might be able to get this truck cheap. I just don't know if I want a fire truck!!!