| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (68ironhead),
89
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,480 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 217 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 217 | On my 46 216 1/2 the clutch always slipped since purchased a couple of years ago. I thought it was just age. I have to change the rear freeze plug so I bought a clutch assembly also. I pulled all the needed stuff and used a tranny lift from Harbor Freight. I got the pressure plate off and the clutch disk came out but someone installed it backwards. The shoulder to the input shaft was pointed to the torque tube and the flush part of the disk to the flywheel. Well this doesn't let the disk seat firmly to the flywheel. The flywheel bolts were slightly ground down and the springs circling the clutch disk were ground also. I could always hear a rattle sound when I depressed the clutch so this must have been the disk scraping against the flywheel bolts. Gee I wonder what it sounded like just after the install.
Rick..... | | |
| |
| |