I've never read any discussion about this topic so thought I'd bring it up. I'm always on the lookout for old carbs at swap meets and have picked up a couple of Rochesters with auto chokes. I have a 1950 216 engine with a model B Rochester with manual choke. I don't have model numbers for the carbs I have with auto chokes, but could someone tell me if they would work on my engine? Don't know if it would be possible to run the heat tube someplace on the manifold but it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult a job. Has anyone done this before with good results? I'd like to rebuild one of them and try putting it on my engine if it would work.

Thanks.


Chuck
1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original)
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod)
1941 Chevy coupe
1938 Chevy coupe streetrod