Ok all,

My 52 GMC came with a Chieftain turn signal switch, But was not wired in correctly.

Went online to download a wiring diagram, but colors do not correspond to what I have.

Wire colors are:
Red
Blue
Yellow
Green
Black
Grey
Grey w/(2)black stripes

The diagram on the web has colors:
Red
Blue
Yellow
Green
Brown
Orange
Black

Also, the switch wires are 18g. I am rewiring a GMC 454-30 Do not think 18g wires on turn signal switch is large enough.

It may be necessary to buy a new turn signal switch, if I can not locate a wiring diagram.


Dance like no one is watching,
Sing like no one is listening,
Love like you've never been hurt.

1948 GMC FC101 1/2t Pickup w/270 and SM420
1948 GMC FC253 1t Factory 80"x9' Flatbed Dually
1948 Chevy COE 2 Ton 8'x15' Flatbed
1950 GMC 354-24 2 Ton 8'X12' Flatbed w/Dump Hoist
1953 GMC 454-30 3 Ton 8'x14' Flatbed w/Dump Hoist
1953 GMC 454-30 3 Ton Cab and Chassis
1942 Clarkator 6 MILL-44 Heavy Aircraft Tug
1942 Ford (9N) Moto Tug with 1/2 yard Loader
1947 Oliver OC3 HG-42 Tract-Crawler Bull Dozier w/6' Blade