| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,096 Posts1,056,488 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 | I have a few questions on my gauges and reducing the voltage to 6v. 1946 GMC
Do I need to reduce the voltage on the wire coming from the starter going to my my amp gauge? I don't think so, mainly because that is the primary power feed for everything else. But then will my amp gauge read correct?
I have a power wire coming off the ignition switch that goes to my temp gauge that pig tails up to my gas gauge. I was thinking I would reduce the wire coming into my temp gauge to 6v and then the loop that goes up to my gas gauge will be 6v. Anyone see a problem with that. | | |
| |
| |