Thanks for the confirmation, Chooglin.

I enjoyed looking the pics of your rebuild in your signature line. I had seen some of them before. Thought that I was looking at my truck when I saw the pic of your headlight buckets and your gauges! I finished my gauges last year and the buckets this year.

Glad that you posted pics of the ash tray and radio grill. Even though Tim had posted some, yours were a good reminder to only paint every other bar. Betcha I would have painted every one of them.
> http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m013aeQ1GF1qjps02o1_250.jpg
> http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m02739GawO1qjps02o1_500.jpg

Couple of notes after looking at your pics ...

If you want to avoid banging your knee on the turn signal flasher, I believe that the flasher bracket for the factory turn signals was mounted on the "hidden" side of the dash, left of the steering column. The flasher bracket for your after-market turn signals looks the same as the GM bracket pictured in the Acc Manual.
> http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m00z8aAR441qjps02o1_1280.jpg

I believe that your heater or parts may have originally been on an older truck. It was a dealer installed option, so it may have been one that the dealer had in inventory. Older style Recirculating pull-knob. Maroon instead of black temp control knob. Wouldn't change a thing, it's just part of the history of the truck.
> http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m00xukIbSI1qjps02o1_500.jpg

There was a discussion recently regarding the type of retainer that holds the glove compartment lock in place. One was a "horse shoe" bracket that wrapped around the back of the lock. The other was a collar over the lock at the back of the glove box door. You have the collar. Don't know if you posted a pic of it. I'll search for the thread and post your pic if you don't mind.

EDIT: This is just too funny ...
I searched for the glove-box-lock thread. YOU were the original poster. It's plain to see that your question and the discussion in the thread made an impression on me.

Thanks again for your help,

Last edited by LonnieC; 05/15/2012 8:07 PM. Reason: UPDATE - glove box lock

- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all