Hi all, I am in the process of doing a lot of work to the cab of my 59 1/2 ton. The wipers have never
worked very well, but here in the Desert, it doesnt matter that much. Anyway, I took the motor out to clean
and lube it, install new arm bushings etc.
Questions: Did GM offer a single speed wiper motor (electric) in 59? My switch has continuity to ground in one
position only, and there only seems to be 2 positions for the switch instead of the 3 I would expect with a 2 speed
wiper. The switch looks factory, the wiring plug fits ok and so on. This makes me think it is the original switch.
Next: Am I correct in assuming the switch is the ground for the wiper motor? I only get a complete circuit when I test from
the power wire to the switch body.
Any insight appreciated