I have several old vehicles with lots of grease fittings (1952 Chevy 3100, 1960 Massey Ferguson 50, etc). I'm having a terrible time getting a nozzle for my grease gun that works right. My old nozzle is too loose so a lot grease squirts out around the fitting. The new nozzle(s) I bought fits so snugly, I sometimes can't get them off. Last week I got 3 of the four fittings on my kingpins greased without too much tugging, but on the fourth fitting (which was a new fitting I had recently replaced), I could not pull the nozzle off the fitting. After about ten minutes of pulling by hand, I gave up and unscrewed the fitting with the nozzle still attached. Then I tried putting the nozzle in a vise and pulling the fitting out with vise grips. All that did was break the fitting, and left part of it still in the nozzle. Is there a particular brand of grease nozzle that works better than others (I got mine from NAPA), or is there a trick to breaking in a new nozzle?


My dad always told me, "Don't force it, get a bigger hammer".