| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,430 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,644 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,644 | Elmer46, you're funny! If that B fit I would have already put it on the 216 and given you mine!!
I'm hard pressed to believe that it's the timing since it ran fairly well before I tore it down to rebuild the carb. Something is just not right. I think the carb base needs that extra gasket sitting on top of the insulator so I'll reinstall that and give it a try. Short of that fixing it the only other thing I can think of that would have changed would be the needle valve. Maybe that's not set right. Backed out 1.5 turns is what the instructions said. Would a misadjustment on that needle valve be causing me any problems?
Thanks.
Chuck 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original) 1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod) 1941 Chevy coupe 1938 Chevy coupe streetrod | | |
| |
| |