| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,123 Posts1,056,653 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 32 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 32 | I see you have a 48 gmc, me too. I wonder how close the VIN # are. I think mine was a southwest truck so maybe built in CA. If you're sure of build location our numbers might be pretty close? My VIN is FC2533048. I think the last are the sequential numbers. I reworked my front springs with new pins and shackles from Eaton Spring. If you have unmatched ones that's a different story. St Louis Spring gave me a good price for new ones with pins already installed which is nice but I had already bought those parts so I just reworked the ends. Should have checked local first. I live is st Louis so shipping would not have been an issue, good luck on the truck Jim D | | |
| |
| |