So I know a guy about an hour away from me who has a 63 shortbed with no bed engine or tranny that he'll give to me just to get it off his property. Now I have a 65 longbed and I'd like to strip the 63 and 65 down and salvage what I can from them. Afterwards I'll put it all back together with the best of both trucks, but I have a question.
What sort of problems will I run into trying to put the 65 cab onto the 63 frame or any body panels, engine components (292), or smaller accessories onto a 63 cab/chassis?
I'm 19 and I'll get the truck when the snow finishes melting (about a week or five depending) and until the snow falls again in October or November to piece it all back together since I have to work out of my backyard.