| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (lumbersawyer, sparky46, LAROKE, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, Woogeroo, Shade Baby, 68ironhead, Jon G),
143
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,104 Posts1,056,197 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 124 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 124 | I am new to this forum and am learning that I know less and less all the time. I have a 1959 Chevy 1/2 ton truck with a flatbed, 3 on the tree, and a 235 six cylinder. It has a real low geared rear end. I would like to get the ring and pinion gears changed to some where around a 3.0 to 1. The highest that I have found is a 3.38 to 1. I am not going to be hauling much but would like to go down the highway better and get better mileage. I would really like to keep the 3 speed and it would be nice to not have to change the whole drive line. Does any one have any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Gene
Gene 1959 Apache
| | |
| |
| |