Yes, I'm pretty excited about the flathead power! My Pontiac had a glass pack on it, and it was great! It sounded soooooo cool! Plus, no tappet racket! Hahahaha

The rear light, was added at some point, probably during the "conversion", which was long ago, its' cloth wires give that away! The two dome lights are great for loading, and finding stuff at night in the old bus.

I do use my truck as a truck, but man, that engine is heavy! With the trans on, I'll bet its about 750 pounds or so, plus hitch weight, plus tool box, and all the lead filler on my truck (there is allot of lead!), I'll bet I'm nearly at the magic 1/2 ton!

I do need to get new springs though, you're right about that! My fronts are sagged, my bus has the huge 4 speed in it, which sure is heavy!

Last weekend I was over to visit the BC Bolters, Here's the bus trapped on the ferry!

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd45/HomeCrafter/IMGP2309.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd45/HomeCrafter/IMGP2308.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd45/HomeCrafter/IMGP2307.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd45/HomeCrafter/IMGP0001-17.jpg


Christopher
1950 1-Ton
"Rochester"
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery

1949 GMC Panel Truck
1926 Model TT Truck