| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,120 Posts1,056,321 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#84318 10/15/2007 2:51 PM | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 23 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 23 | I think it has more to do with they were putting different engines in the GMC's back then. You could get a big block V-6 in a GMC. These engines were all about torque and pulling power. From what I can see and read they did out last the straight six's of the chevies, but for good reason. And, they had plenty of draw backs of there own. I'm sure they did't get the fuel milage the straight six's got and they would be more trouble to shift and drive because of the low rpm power. I would rather have a 230 than a 305 V-6. Just me opinion though. | | |
| |
| |