| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Southerntruck, J Lucas, 49nut, moparguy, ndkid275, Barry Martak, 1 invisible),
80
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,133 Posts1,056,398 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#84172 10/13/2007 3:57 AM | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 122 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 122 | Originally posted by OldSub: Have you confirmed the engine serial number matches a 248? That later valve cover would make me wonder if maybe its a 270. Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder myself. I was told that it came out of a '54 GMC but I suppose it could be possible that it was a later replacement engine. I'll have to check the numbers to be sure. Can someone direct me to where to look and how to interpret them? | | |
| |
| |